Spring has officially begun in Florida and boy, are we excited about it! But with changing seasons also comes a change in weather. Since winter weather can wreck your home’s exterior, potentially causing an assortment of damage, spring is the perfect time to take care of some routine home maintenance to avoid having to make a homeowners insurance Tampa FL claim. As the leader of homeowners insurance Tampa FL, HH Insurance wants to share with you a simple checklist to ensure that your systems and appliances run smoothly all year long. Here are 6 tips we recommend:
- Clean Your Gutters – Poor or improper drainage can cause water damage to your home. Check for loose and leaky gutters and ensure downspouts are positioned to drain away from your home’s foundation. Make sure you clear debris from all gutters and downspouts for the springtime rain that is sure to come! This will safeguard your home against future foundation flooding problems.
- Inspect The Roof – Since your roof is your home’s primary defense against the elements, it is vital that you visually inspect it. Look for signs of warping, cracking, and loose shingles or tiles, and replace if necessary. For roof areas too high to inspect from the ground, hire a licensed roofer to perform the inspection if you are unable to do so yourself.
- Check Seals Around Windows And Doors – Cold weather can cause seals around windows and doors to loosen, harden, and crack. Inspect these areas from the outside for damage and make repairs as needed. This will help reduce summer cooling costs and keep water and moisture out of your home.
- Service Your Home’s Cooling System – You will definitely want to check this one off your list before the Florida summer heat hits. It’s a good idea to have your home’s cooling system checked yearly, about one month prior to regular summer usage. While you’re at it, change out all the air filters in your home to ensure safe indoor air quality for you and your family.
- Check Carbon Monoxide And Smoke Detectors – This is an easy and potentially lifesaving task. Take time now to change the batteries in all your home’s carbon monoxide and smoke detectors for safety, and to avoid having to make a homeowners insurance Tampa FL claim down the road. Better safe than sorry!
- Clean Your Garbage Disposal – When you think about everything that goes down the kitchen sink, a good yearly cleaning for the garbage disposal is definitely in order. Simply feed a tray of ice cubes through it while running cold water. This will eliminate any buildup or odors that could be stuck in your drains.
HH Insurance, The Leader Of Homeowners Insurance Tampa FL
At HH Insurance, we specialize in personal insurance for individuals with both simple and complex insurance needs. Our long and positive carrier partnerships ensure we can deliver the most innovative products and services, competitively priced, from financially strong and stable insurance companies. Call us for a homeowners insurance Tampa FL quote today!