Homeowners insurance Tampa Florida is an unavoidable expense that can dig a hole in your pocket, more so if you own a big home. What you pay for your insurance depends on various factors such as the age of the home and your location, among others. There are quite a few steps you could take to reduce the cost of your homeowners insurance Tampa, FL.
For New Tampa Homeowners Insurance
If you are looking for cheaper home insurance, here’s what you can do:
- Do not take home insurance from your mortgage provider for the convenience it provides. Shop around to find the best deals.
- Did you know that paying a higher additional on any claims can get you a discount from your insurer?
- Instead of guessing the value of the content to be insured, give an accurate total value.
- Do not opt for a combined policy from your insurer for building and content. Look for better deals, even if you have to have two insurance providers.
- Be realistic about the coverage you need and avoid paying extra to cover something that you may not need to.
- Annual payments are cheaper as your admin fee is reduced to a one-time payment.
For Existing Homeowners Insurance Tampa
If you have homeowners insurance and you want to lower the cost of the existing policy, you must update your security and maintenance.
Here’s what you can do:
- Insurers appreciate policyholders who care about their property. Install a burglar alarm system to avoid theft.
- Securing all windows and doors with secure locks may reduce the cost of home insurance drastically.
- Install a safe to secure your high-value items as insurance providers charge extra for such items.
- Did you know that you could benefit from a discount if you are an active member of the neighborhood watch?
- Limit the time you leave your home unoccupied, as the likelihood of theft and accidents are greater.
- Fireproof your home by fitting smoke alarms throughout your home as it can lower your home insurance premium.
- Don’t forget to insulate the water pipes as frozen pipes spell disaster, and you can be burdened with a high insurance bill.
Time to time maintenance of your home can drastically reduce the premium that you pay, as well as ensure that your home is safe from a disaster that can bring you face to face with a huge bill.
At HH Insurance, our team is focused on providing a world-class experience to you and meeting your needs to be a great insurance partner. We work with exclusive insurance markets that deliver you better coverage at the lowest rates. Get in touch with us today to get the best Florida rental property insurance rates and coverage. Our specialists are ready to answer all your questions.