Some may argue that there is nothing better than boating on the aqua blue waters of Florida’s coast. Getting to experience the year-round sunshine, beautiful wildlife, scenic views, and friendly locals are all reasons why Florida is one of the top destination spots for homeowners insurance Tampa in the country. The state of Florida does not require boat owners to obtain boat insurance or a boaters license, considering coverage is something smart to do. While Florida is famous for its beaches and cities, it is also known for its busy waterways, extreme weather conditions, and party scene. All of these risks could cause expensive damage to your watercraft or someone else’s property, and having an insurance policy on your boat could protect you and your vessel from losing your investment.
Having Boat Insurance with Homeowners Insurance
Fishing boats, jet skis, and other watercrafts aren’t covered by most standard homeowners insurance Tampa policies. However, there are many instances where you might be required by a third party to have protection on your vessel by having boat insurance. Using your boat as collateral on a loan, the lender will typically require insurance to cover damage that may occur, and marinas often have insurance requirements to protect the business and their members. Many homeowner’s insurance policies offer limited coverage for boats and watercraft that can include applying to certain causes of damage and limiting how much it will pay. There are often restrictions to property damage of others, bodily injuries, and personal property that is damaged or lost.
Boat insurance policies can provide coverage for:
- Damage to the vessel or personal property whether on the water or in the trailer
- Liability coverage for damages to others
- Injury coverage in case of accidents for you and guests
- Uninsured boat coverage, in the instance, that you or your boat is affected by another vessel without insurance
- Towing coverage in case a battery dies or your gas tank is empty and needs to be towed to shore.
- Insurance in other territories, if traveling, look into the stated navigational territory area that is covered and obtain an endorsement to be covered in extended areas.
Picking out which boat insurance to go along with your homeowners insurance Tampa policy is the best for you may be tricky, but talking to your HH Insurance agent can help you understand the best course of action and watercraft-specific insurance policy to have to protect your investment and keep your passengers safe. The coverage doesn’t just stop at boats either, we offer specialized coverage for towing, wreckage removal, and fuel spill liability.
Contact HH Insurance today to learn more about boater’s insurance and which policy is perfect for you.